Friday, July 6, 2012

4th of July

I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. Granted, right after I wrote my last post, I left for a week in Chattanooga with a group of middle school students. We got back last Saturday (post coming soon on the trip!) and I've been playing catch up all week, PLUS I've had since Wednesday off. Lots of random Target trips...and no blogging. Promise I will try and change this, but life is so busy right now. I can't believe that I only have three weeks left! That is crazy.

But, on to the purpose of this post- fourth of July was this past Wednesday. I was kind of missing my family, because we always go to the lake in the 4th with some friends- and that wasn't happening this year. But, I was determined to make the best of the situation, and it turned out pretty good. I went with the family that I am living with this summer to see the fireworks. We "picnicked" (aka tailgated) on a hill near the Publix parking lot ( you know you are in the South when...). For those of you that know me, you know this was a huge deal. One of my biggest fears is fireworks (weird, I know). But, I decided I just needed to confront that fear head on and do it. They weren't my favorite thing, but it wasn't too horrible. I even did some sparklers (once again, if you know me, this is was a huge deal).



One thing I've realized this summer is that fear really causes us not to live life to the fullest. I want to live- truly live- and to do this means facing irrational fears sometimes and learning that the "bad things" really aren't so bad after all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment