Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks.
Start Date: September 20, 2010
End Date: June 17, 2013
Italic- In progress
Normal- Not yet started
Purple- Can't happen
Purple- Can't happen
Write a 101 in 1001 list and post it on my blog/website.
2. Learn to play the piano for fun.
Start a binder for future plans. Pinterest is amazing. :)
4. Get a magazine subscription for a year (on my own).
5. Go a week without computer (and vacations don't count!)
Learn to sew something. I've sewn a pillowcase dress, a quilt, and a skirt.
Start up a business type thing (i.e. etsy). ledesigns.bigcartel.com
Blog every day for one month.
Do a class to learn a random skill (outside of college). (Lettering class!)
10. Get a passport.
Clean my room. And keep it that way. (Part 1 done. Let's see if it stays!)
See a broadway show.
13. Identify 100 things that make me happy and list them. (0/100)
14. Write a personal mission statement.
Drink more water than Diet Coke.
16. Train to run a 5k.
Take vitamins every day.
18. Learn how to cook 10 new meals. (7/10)
19. Decopodge a piece of furniture.
20. Do a video blog 4 times a year. (8/11)
21. Take a self-portrait of myself once a month. (15/33) --Project Life is helping me on this one!
Get bachelor's degree (or as close as possible!)
23. Learn to speak another language. Somewhat.
Read 5 nonfiction/biographical books. (5/5)
Learn HTML and code my own website.
26. Read 100 books of my choosing. (70/100)
27. Visit 5 museums.(1/5)
28. Learn how to use my camera.
Write a book. Of some sort.
Maintain a journal.
32. Go see a symphony performance.
Write down everything that happened on 10/10/10, 11/11/11, and 12/12/12. (3/3)
34. Write a letter to myself 10 years from now.
35. Start having a daily quiet time.
Read through the whole Bible.
Find a small group.
38. Complete a Beth Moore bible study.
Find somewhere to serve. I'm teaching Sunday School and working with Jr. High Girls!
40. Memorize a bible verse a month.(2/33) --Siesta Memory Verse Challege through lpm.org.
41. Clean out my closet and donate clothes once a year.(2/3)
42. Write letters at least every other month to my sponsored child. (9/15)
Do an Operation Christmas Child box on my own.
44. Celebrate Thanksgiving in a way that serves others.
45. Donate 10,000 grains of rice through FreeRice.com (1500/10,000)
46. Perform 5 Random Acts of Kindness.(1/5)
Collect change in a jar to donate.
Write a letter to Sandra once a month. (3/33) For some reason, I wrote this twice. Um, oops!
49. Conquer fondant.
Drink only water for a week. (0/7)
Send 5 postcards. (5/5)
52. Finish a coloring book.
Pass the PRAXIS. --I changed my major. So...this one isn't happening!
54. Write a letter to the editor.
Go to a book signing of an author I like. Angie Smith
56. Take a cake decorating class.
Make all my Christmas presents (one year). 2010
58. Send in a picture to People of Walmart.
59. Learn to double dutch. Or at least jump rope.
60. Make cards to send to 5 people. (1/5)
Make a quilt.
62. Learn calligraphy.
63. Join a club.
64. Reread all the Harry Potter books. In order. (0/7)
Go to 3 cupcake shops. (3/3)
Go on a picnic.
67. Do an online scrapbooking class.
Try 5 news foods that I don't think I would like. (5/5)
Try 3 kinds of green vegetables. (3/3)
70. Bake 10 kinds of cupcakes. (2/10)
71. Blow bubbles on a sunny day.
72. Build a sandcastle.
73. Learn to braid my hair.
74. Be able to name all of the states in the USA.
75. Make homemade lemondade.
Go to a Passion Conference. --January 2011!
Drive in a "big city".
78. Improve my typing skills (ie. words per minute).
Find a cause. And support/promote it. --International Justice Mission!
80. Back up my computer at least 10 times. (3/10)
81. Learn to bake bread. (And no, bread machines don't count!)
Make the Dean's List each semester. (4/4)
83. Make my own monogrammed stationary.
Go to a legit coffeeshop (not Starbucks) and do the coffeeshop thing.
Go to a Secret Church. 11/5/10
See the christmas lights at Calloway.
87. Go see dueling pianists.
88. Write 20 thank you notes. (6/20)
89. Make a recipe book.
Save up enough credit card points to get something!
Save up enough swagbucks to get something.
Gather 10 children's books for "the collection". (10/10)
93. Plant something.
Make a new friend. I've made a lot since I've been at HC!
95. Sew a dress for Little Dresses for Africa.
96. Read Pride and Prejudice. And watch the movie. (0/2)
Put together a quote book with at least 50 quotes/bible verses.
See Desmond score a touchdown/homerun. 10/16/10
Keep up with my website as my life changes.
Blog my way through this list.
101. Make a new 101 in 1001 list when this one is complete! :)
End Date: June 17, 2013