Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Yes guys. I've decided I'm smarter than a geek.
You see, I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy because I was having screen problems (it had all sorts of funky lines on it) and it was still under warranty. I self diagnosed (with a little help from YouTube and Google) that the problem was an LCD problem. When we turned the computer in, our "geek" was "oh no, you're making the problem more complicated than it really is" and said it was a ribbon cable problem. Since I don't know much about computers (see aforementioned Google and YouTube advice and me almost deleting the OS off my computer once), I just nodded my head and went along my merry little way (not really. I was pretty upset about them shipping my baby off to the land of Kentucky).
But today, we got a call that my computer was ready to be picked up. Naturally, I wanted to leave right away to get it. So, we get there and the guy (different from before) says that "they" fixed the LCD. Um, hello? Really? I kept my mouth shut until we left the store (all the while whispering to Mom "I told you so!") where I began to do a mini victory dance in my head because I was smarter than the geek.
Yep. This girl just beasted the Geek Squad. But, I'm very happy to report that my computer is back safe and sound with all of its programs, pictures, and the such still on it. Yay!
So. What's it called when you're smarter than a geek? A mega geek? I'm not sure I like the sound of that. How about a Sgeek? It's like a "Super Geek" but rhymes with squeak.
Thursday, May 26, 2011
Honestly, I’m not really a movie person. The thought of spending a bazillion dollars to sit in a theater with a bunch of people I don’t know (so therefore I have to be quiet) just isn’t my thing. I normally choose other activities to fill my time with. But, this summer, there are a few movies that have caught my eye and I really want to see.
I’m hoping to see these two for my birthday (they come out the day before).
And this one comes out in August. Mom wants to see it too, so I’m thinking it can be a Mommy/Daughter Day. :)
What’s on your Summer Movie List?
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
|Shirt- From church. We had a kids activity that night.|
|Dress- Ann Taylor Loft|
Hair Flower: Little Lesiw
|Shirt- Forever 21|
Jeans- Old Navy
|Shirt- American Eagle|
Friday- No picture. This was one of those aformentioned shorts/tshirt days.
|Shirt- American Eagle|
Shorts- Old Navy
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Completely off topic, but I was going through old pictures tonight and came across these two from my senior year in high school. Desi was in Kindergarten. Is it just me or was he cuter then? :)
Friday, May 13, 2011
- So, I have a blog post I wrote yesterday (during The Great Blogger Outage of 2011). I was pretty sure I was going to post it today, but I think it still needs some work. It's kind of long and I want to split it up I think. Who knows. It'll be posted sometime.
- In other news, today is Friday the 13th. My brother's convinced this means something bad is going to happen today. I'm trying to decide whether I should blast Justin Bieber when I pick the kiddo up from the Middle School. Evil sister? Yessirr.
- This song won't get out of my head. I guess it's my own fault for watching Glee.(And would be the reason for the title of this post).
- I'm debating a Wordpress move. Again. I know, it didn't go too great last time. And I don't want to lose my followers and I like the simplicity of Blogger. But, I like the freedom that comes with "owning" your blog. So, if you (or someone you know) has successfully made the transition, hit me up. This girl needs advice.
- I need to do laundry. Asap. Weekend project?
- I'm pretty sure I did laundry more when I lived in a dorm. I was pretty good at doing it every week or two. Now, not so much.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
I've been perusing on Pinterest this afternoon. Future home decor. Yep. That's where it's at. :)