Sunday, June 21, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Red Velvet Cake Balls
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
Friday, June 5, 2009
- unChristian by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons [Started this on last night and LOVE it. Check out my bible blog to see more on what I think about this one]
- Crazy Love by Francis Chan [seems like all the pastoral peoples I know have talked about this book in some way, shape, form, or another. and my mom and dad are reading it. we have at least three copies at the house. we don't know how to share. i know, there are starving children in Africa...]
- Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult [Huge fan of Picoult. I read My Sister's Keeper by her (the movie is coming out later this summer) and am amazed by her ability to write on controversial issues in a nonpartisian way.]
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini [This one seems to be one that all the facebook friends are bringing to the beach...looks interesting from the cover I have been staring at for a week...]
- Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge [This one is more of a finish reading it. I started it with my dgroup off at college, and never finished it.]
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Monday, June 1, 2009
- The Storage Units (with the colorful boxes) were made by ClosetMaid and purchased at Lowe's. We got them on Clearance for $10 a piece, but I think they run between $30 and 40 usually.
- The cross above my mirror/vanity is from Hobby Lobby. I got it during a sale on wall art for $5!
- My really cute tissue holder on my desk that you probably can't see really good (it has pastel polka dots) is from Pottery Barn. Clearance-$5.
- In my cubbys, there is a polka-dotted patterned paper behind the pictures. It is called Wall Pops and they stick to the wall, but are easily removable. I think they would be great for a dorm room!! I think my daddy got them on Clearance at Lowe's. He suprised me with them one time when the family visited me in AU.
- The really cute art on my walls everywhere was made by me during finals week. I did a slideshow on them in early May that has close ups of them all. I had alot of fun doing them (and procrastinating!!) and they were pretty cheap too! You can get a three count of canvases for less than $5 at WalMart, and paint is pretty cheap too! And its fun!
- The letters above my bed (the LAUREN ones) were made using wood letters ($1.99 each) and scrapbook paper (5 for $1) from Hobby Lobby and using rubber cement. I made the LEA for my dorm room and just added the URN to finish spelling my name. I was going to put ribbons on them, but couldn't ever find a good way to tie them. They were significantly cheaper than buying online (at least $8 a letter).