I feel rather silly doing a Christmas Bucket List. I mean, I don't have kids, so it's not like I have an endless list of Christmassy things to do with them- like going to see Santa! There's a few special Christmas traditions that my family has (like decorating our tree, going to see the Christmas lights, going to Christmas Eve service) that I really enjoy, but as I get older, I really want to start creating memories and traditions for myself. In this awkward stage of life, I CAN still create traditions. Yes, Christmas is about Jesus and family and all that- but it can also be about me exploring what holidays look like as a big girl! And that? That's exciting!
- Bake Christmas cookies.
- Watch all my favorite Christmas movies (Eloise at Christmastime, Charlie Brown, typical ABC Family fare)...and then some!
- Set up my Christmas tree in my apartment.
- Make a Christmas wreath.
- Decorate my mantle (with stocking!)
- Move Charlie in.
- Read Ann Voskamp's The Greatest Gift.
- Find and buy a nativity set!
- Make an ornament for my tree.
- Bake a meal- a real one (not including chicken fingers!)- and invite someone over!
- Drink lots of hot chocolate.
- Make a Christmas playlist- and play it all season long!
- Wrap cute presents for the family.
- Try the whole gingerbread house making again.
- Get a soy Gingerbread Steamer at Starbucks!
What's on your Christmas bucket list? Any fun exciting things I need to add to mine?