Sunday, November 18, 2012

happy little gnome.

For this year's fall festival, I was a happy little gnome. 
I'm actually really happy with how it all turned out. I made every part of my costume (excluding the shirt and leggings). I made my skirt with this tutorial (minus the pockets since I ran out of time) and adjusted this child's tutorial for my gnome hat (and added some ric-rack). I covered my Toms with fabric a few months back (using fabric scraps from old sewing projects) based on pictures on Pinterest. 

And the apron? That's all my creation. :) I used leftover felt from my hat, fabric glued some ribbon and ric-rack on it and called it a night. All in all, the costume held up will for mostly being glued together. :)
What I love the most is that I can re-wear the skirt (and I love it!), and the felt decorations were super cheap (so it's okay that they're not exactly everyday wear). 

No comments:

Post a Comment