Thursday, April 4, 2013

Marching Forward










It's been awhile. A long while. I didn't plan on taking this long of a break from blogging, but it happened. Honestly, it was kind of nice. I've been stuck in a blogging rut this year, but that is probably a good thing. It's given me the chance to look within and examine myself and why I blog. It's given me a new outlook on where I want to take this blog. This year has brought some major changes to this little space on the internet, even if I haven't blogged all that much. But, now it's April and my head is beginning to rise above the tumultuous waters of the deep. Is everything in my life perfect? Far from it. I feel like nothing and everything has changed in the last month since I've posted. Sometimes I feel like I'm running on a treadmill and while I'm making progress- I'm running the race- the scenery around me isn't changing. But, then I look up and I find myself in an altogether different place than where I began. Life's funny like that sometimes.

But- I think I'm back. I'm getting back into the swing of things. I'm getting back into "real life". I'm starting to exit the fog of treatment and enter the great big world (It's kind of scary, to be honest). Life isn't back to normal, but I'm getting there. I'm starting to think about the future- grad school, job hunting, a general feeling of "What am I going to do with my life?" that I'm sure you are all familiar with. It's scary, but I'm so ready. I'm ready to be free from the bondage that's held me captive for so long. I'm ready to spread my wings and fly!

So, what have I been up to in the last month? Everything. Seriously. March was a month of craziness. It was insane.
Last day of treatment. :)
In other news, my hair is getting crazy long.
There's no way on earth that I could explain everything from March (nor do I really want to), but there was a highlight from the month. During the boys' Spring Break, we took a family trip to Texas to see my Dad's parents. On one of the days, we got to visit the "happiest place on Earth"...not that one- this one!


It was pretty exciting. :)

I also rode a roller coaster with Max. You should know that I'm terribly afraid of coasters (um hello- they go fast and up really high). So, even though this Shamu coaster was for little kids, I still was a little frightened and was horribly nauseous when I got off. Max was a good sport about it (other than laughing about how the two year old behind us was braver than I was), and even rode the carousel with me afterwords.

As you can see, it was a very exciting day at Sea World. We even left with some stuffed Shamus (Well, Des and I did. Mine's named Shamumu. Max got popcorn). Thanks Daddy. :)

And then, Sunday was Easter. 
We dressed fabulously (as usual) and didn't really match at all. But, life was okay because I wore a dress that I got for 50% off from the thrift store- so it was like $2.50 and that made my life complete for some weird, strange, and crazy reason. I'm just silly like that.
Instagram picture via my mom. :)
So yeah. That was March. Full of ups and downs, but we survived. Here's to April being a better blogging month.

1 comment: