Sunday, March 29, 2009

motions.

I don’t wanna go through the motions.
I don’t wanna go one more day.
Without Your all consuming passion inside of me.
I don’t wanna spend my whole life asking,
What if I had given everything?
Instead of going through the motions
-Matthew West


What does it mean to live fully for Christ?
What does it mean to die daily for him?
What does it mean to give everything for Him?

Somehow, I don't think that its as easy as people make it out to be.
It seems like every sermon we hear revolves around the concept of dying to yourself and becoming new in Christ. And then we hear a prayer and sing a song and your life is supposed to miraculously change. Its supposed to be easy. But its not. Its hard, terribly hard. It means giving up every part of yourself and giving it to God. Trusting that he will do something with your life, make it into something amazing. Having faith that he will work it out.
I want to try this. I want to try trusting in God and not keeping things in my hands. Doing things to the best of my ability and then turning it over to God. Whatever happens, happends. Stop stressing. Over the little things and the big things. So, I have a goal.
One week. Seven days. Of trusting God whole heartedly. Devoting myself to prayer and study and scriptures. Asking God for guidence in all I do. I know, I know, I should make a commitment for life, but I'm starting small. After this week, turn it to a month. And then two months. And then on and on. I'm going to stop going through the motions and immerse myself in all that is good and holy. The all consuming passion. The everything.

1 week. Thats my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment