Saturday, December 19, 2009

An Adam Family Christmas: Part 1

Photobucket
Since it's the week before Christmas, I decided it was time for the festivities to start. I know I tweeted about my Christmas tree a few weeks ago (okay...the day after Thanksgiving), but I haven't posted a picture of the finished product. The last picture was sans tree skirt and star. And also, since then, I've put a wreath on the door. But, before we get too far...let me explain to people who aren't familiar with the blog (anyone from over at The Inspired Room blog hop!) Long story short (you can read a longer version on the sidebar), I'm a Sophomore in college living at home with my parents. Hence the reason most of the decorations I'm about to show are in my bedroom with a four foot tree. And hence the reason it's "Christmas with the Adam Family".
Photobucket
This is my tree. Daddy and I got is last year on sale after Christmas for the apartment that I'm supposed to be living in this year. That was back before I decided to transfer back home. So, since we already had it and all and I like Christmas because it's like...my favorite holiday ever...I put it in my room. I wanted to put it up early, but decided it was best to wait until the day after Thanksgiving. Or the day after, the day after Thanksgiving. I put brightly colored ornaments on the tree in pink, purple, green, and blue. I was just going to do those and tie a big pink bow on top, but then, I found a bright pink star that was glittery. And I have a weakness for bright pink, glittery things. I think we got it at Target....it was 99 cents....and PERFECT.
Photobucket
The snowman is an ornament I got at the Dirty Santa ornament exchange from the women's group at church. I'm claiming it to be the first ever ornament I have all to myself. I mean, I have other ornaments that are "mine"...but they're on the family Christmas tree downstairs. And while that's cool and all...it's cooler when I have real ornament on my tree. Even if it makes my tree lean a little. And also, it's super cool because it lights up and glows different colors. Also, I forgot to mention, the wreath on the "Christmas with the Adam Family Banner" at the top is on my door. I made it last year in Auburn for my dorm room. Its a basic wreath from Walmart with one of those red bows that they sell tied on to it. It was under $5 to make,and for a college student..
Photobucket
Now, we're going to go downstairs. This is the part that Mom decorated, so I don't have that much to say. Every year, we hang all the Christmas Cards we get on the stairs. We usually hang the stockings on the mantle by the fireplace, but we don't have one anymore (it was taken out when we removed the chimney during home renovations...I think I might have pictures up from all of that..maybe?) So, Mom hung the stockings up on the stairs this year. All of our stockings were made by my Great Grandma Bea. I think it makes them that more special to know that they were homemade by someone that loves us and not just some store. :)
Photobucket
Last thing. We always have a tree downstairs. Our family has always been one of those one-tree families. Each kid doesn't get their own tree in their room. That's just how its always been. A couple times, the tree has been in the dining room, and last year it was in the hallway, but I like it best in the living room. It makes things a lot easier on Christmas morning! The second picture is of Desmond and one of the crafts that he made a school before Christmas. I think it was a really cute idea. They shaped a coat hanger and then pulled pantyhose over it and decorated it with construction paper. Super cute.
Well, that's Part 1! Come back in a few days to see what else we've been up to this Christmas season! (I really need to get off this computer now...need to finish working on my Sunday School lesson and bake some brownies for a Christmas party tonight! Fun, fun!)

Merry Christmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment