Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Introducing...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is Sandra.

She's six years old and in Kindergarten. She lives in El Salvador with her parents and four siblings. She likes to play house and with dolls. Her birthday is in September. She makes the beds and runs errands for the family as her chores. Oh- and did I mention- she is the child that I sponsor through Compassion International. I got my sponsor packet in the mail today. It made me smile. And that made me think...if I get this happy about getting a package with her picture, how much more happy will she be after she gets a letter from me? Even though I've never met her, I'm already in love with her. I want to meet her. I want to jump on a plane and fly to El Salvador and see her- right now! (And that's a big deal. I'm scared to death of flying.) But, I would do it in a heartbeat if it meant I would get to see her, and hug her, and tell her how much Jesus loves her. I've never felt like this before. I'm just so amazed at the fact that I get the opportunity to make a difference in this adorable little girl's life (I'm so not biased at all).

So. Go. Now. Click on that blue box in my sidebar and find you a "cute kid" of your own to sponsor. You can't have mine, but there's thousands more out there just waiting for someone like you to come along. Go. Be the change you want to see in the world. Make a difference in a child's life and help them have the opportunity to escape from a world of poverty and leap into the loving arms of a Savior, the one we call Jesus Christ. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment