Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What's it called when you're smarter than a geek?

So, I have to brag for a minute. I'll get off my pedestal in a minute, but for now, I'm relishing the wonderful feeling of victory.


Yes guys. I've decided I'm smarter than a geek.
You see, I took my computer to the Geek Squad at Best Buy because I was having screen problems (it had all sorts of funky lines on it) and it was still under warranty. I self diagnosed (with a little help from YouTube and Google) that the problem was an LCD problem. When we turned the computer in, our "geek" was "oh no, you're making the problem more complicated than it really is" and said it was a ribbon cable problem. Since I don't know much about computers (see aforementioned Google and YouTube advice and me almost deleting the OS off my computer once), I just nodded my head and went along my merry little way (not really. I was pretty upset about them shipping my baby off to the land of Kentucky).
But today, we got a call that my computer was ready to be picked up. Naturally, I wanted to leave right away to get it. So, we get there and the guy (different from before) says that "they" fixed the LCD. Um, hello? Really? I kept my mouth shut until we left the store (all the while whispering to Mom "I told you so!") where I began to do a mini victory dance in my head because I was smarter than the geek.
Yep. This girl just beasted the Geek Squad. But, I'm very happy to report that my computer is back safe and sound with all of its programs, pictures, and the such still on it. Yay!

So. What's it called when you're smarter than a geek? A mega geek? I'm not sure I like the sound of that. How about a Sgeek? It's like a "Super Geek" but rhymes with squeak.

No comments:

Post a Comment