Friday, June 22, 2012

finally.

I've always had a thing for longer skirts, but I've also struggled with finding ones that are long enough. I mean, if I want to wear a maxi skirt, I want it to at least go to my ankles. This is a surprisingly hard thing to find. 

A few months ago, I started seeing these maxi jersey skirts all over the blogosphere and Pinterest. At first, I just wrote it off as a fad. It would be easy enough to sew one if I really wanted to, and I didn't want to spend any money on something I could sew for myself. Plus, I probably would just get one and end up hating it like everything else "maxi" that I own. So, I decided that it wasn't worth the effort and filed it into the back of my brain for a few months.

Fast forward to June and I'm living in Roswell. While I don't necessarily have to dress up too much for work, I try to at least look like I'm putting some effort in to things. Plus, I packed mostly dresses and skirts, so it works out nicely. But, there are definitely some situations where I'd like to wear something a little longer. I mean, it's kind of hard to sit on the side of a stage and give a talk when you're more concerned about how you're sitting. So, I started looking for the ever elusive jersey maxi skirt. I looked all over this town. Most stores had one or two, but they cost more than I wanted to pay (really Kohls, $50?) or they didn't have my size. I found one I really really liked at Target, but they only had XL and XXLs left. That just wouldn't work. I found a black dress at Plato's Closet for $8 that kind of works (if you fold the top down and then use a hair tie to make it not as big), but I wasn't happy with that. So, I kept looking.

Today I was shopping at Target, picking up a few last minute items for the Middle School Mission Trip that I'm chaperoning next week. I didn't need too many more things, but there were a few things on my list that were still missing. While I was there, I took a quick glance through the clothing department and saw that they had gotten a new shipment in. I tried not to get too excited, but I saw that they had some of the striped ones (opposed to just solid colors). Then, I saw MY SIZE. And then I tried it on. 

Can I just tell you that this is my new favorite item of clothing. Seriously. You might see me in it every single day. It feels more like yoga pants than a skirt (and has the same kind of comfy waist band that I love oh-so-much). It was $18 (which is more than I normally spend on clothes- I'm super cheap), but I think it was totally worth it. It's a navy stripe (they only had the big sizes in the black stripe), but I really like it. 
So yes. I finally found my perfect skirt.
(And since I'm a super impatient person, I definitely changed into it as soon as I got home. Not just for the pictures. I'm wearing it right now. And I LOVE IT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment