Summer Favorites by laurenadam
1. Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer- Okay, so there are definitely some days (okay, more often than not) that I don't want to get up super early to look cute. But, I don't exactly want to look like a twelve year old, so I want to put some effort into how I look. I love how this moisturizer goes on and I don't have to deal with foundation, concealer, etc. Is it perfect? Not exactly. But, because it saves me five minutes, it will do! Plus, I don't walk around all day feeling like I have a mask on my face (that just makes me feel icky and gross). And it has sunscreen, so I won't get skin cancer and my face will still look like I'm twelve when I'm five hundred and seventy (or something like that).
2. EOS Lip Balm- I just discovered this stuff, and it's pretty much amazing. Faith, I'm indebted to you forever. I have two of these. The strawberry sorbet one has a smell that reminds me of "little girl chapstick/lipstick" (you know what I'm talking about) that isn't so amazing. But, it actually makes my lips not all cracky and doesn't dry up in 2.4 seconds. I went and got the yellow "lemon" one today, because it has SPF *and I'm all about SPF* and I like it alot better. It doesn't have the weird smell.
3. Yes to Cucumbers Body Lotion- I have super sensitive skin that breaks out after I put just about anything on it. Except for this magic lotion. It's hypoallergenic, so it's great for people with sensitive skin, but it also smells great. Yummy cucumbers. Too often us allergy types have to put up with stinky shampoos and not fun scented body lotion. No longer. I think we should rename this lotion "Yay for Cucumbers!"
4. Pink Sparkly Toms- Based on all my posts and instagram pictures of these things, you should already know my love for them. They're pink. They're sparkly. They make me feel like a princess. Thus, they are amazing.
5. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Sunscreen 100+ SPF- This is my favorite favorite favorite sunscreen. It smells okay. It goes on clear and thin and you don't have to rub it in. Plus, I don't get burnt with all of it's magical SPF. I still have some from last summer. I did buy some cheapo Target 50 SPF in case it's all expired and doesn't work and all, but it just doesn't compare. I love this stuff.
6. ELF Hot Pink Nail Polish- I love Essie nail polish. I really do. But, I so don't love the price. I really can't find a reason why I should spend $8 on a bottle of nail polish when my nails are left undone 75% of the time. So, when I discovered ELF a year ago, my day was made. This little bottle was bought on sale for ONE dolla. Now that I live down the street from a Target where ELF is sold and I don't have to go online, this love could spiral out of control.
7. Goody Head Wraps- I get it, my head is big. No matter what, I've never been able to find a headband that goes around my whole head (like the soft kind) that didn't slide off. These aren't perfect, and I have to put my ponytail in a certain spot if my hair is up, but around 80% of the time, they stay on my head. Plus, they come in pretty colors. :)