Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Playlist

Oh yes. The Summer Playlist has returned.
Since seven is my favorite number, we have seven songs on this edition of Summer Playlist: 2012. 

1. Carly Rae Jepsen- Call Me Maybe
Um, this girl is seriously my new idol. I'm working on a summer bucket list (that might be posted later this weekend!) and one of the items might possibly be to slip a "call me maybe" note to a cute boy at the pool (If I ever went to one. I might have to find another location. Who wants to join me on this adventure?). Possibly. But, don't tell my daddy. Shhh.

2. Justin Bieber- Boyfriend
I have no idea why this song is on my list. It's not my favorite Bieber song ever, but I think it's because one of the lines is "I could be your Buzz Lightyear fly across the globe" and I think cheesy Disney pick-up lines are cute (just don't tell me that you want to be the Woody to my Jesse. Too much Toy Story, people). 

3. Britt Nicole- Ready or Not
I feel like this song is kind of out of place. But, Lecrae is my homeboy (haha) and I love Britt Nicole and the message of this song. :)

4. Miley Cyrus- Party in the USA
I used to be a huge Hannah Montana fan. And since Miley went and got herself engaged, I thought that my party-dance song needed to be on the list. 

5. OneRepublic- Good Life
This song makes me think of a happy commercial with a happy family and it just makes me smile. 

6. One Direction- What Makes You Beautiful
I discovered One Direction due to working with Middle School girls this summer. I think that it has a really good message about self-confidence- I mean, it makes me feel pretty special. And I'm just saying that even though I'm not a middle school girl, I kind of really like this song. :)

7. Boyce Avenue- We Found Love
Um, Boyce Avenue. Do I really need to say more??!

4 comments:

  1. Great playlist! I'm pretty sure Call Me Maybe will be stuck in my head the entire summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your call me maybe one! You go girl! Do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in love with this playlist!! :) I miss you so so so much!! :( :(.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of those are perfect for summer afternoons while driving with the windows down singing along!

    ReplyDelete