Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Refocusing.

I started a new bible reading plan today.
You see, I remembered how I had this goal of reading the Bible in a year.
It was going real great...until Leviticus.
So, I'm starting over. I have a goal in mind for the finish date...but I'm not sharing it all until I get there. It's just between me and God right now.
It's just...I've been feeling really convicted about how much time I'm spending in useless things. Like Facebook. And Google Reader (ahem, I'm a big blog stalker). And even spending time with friends has become a priority over spending time in the Word. So, I'm stepping back. Refocusing on what's really important.

Here's some verses that stood out to me in today's bible reading:

  • "Preserve the teaching of God; entrust his instructions t those who follow me. I will wait for the Lord...I will put my hope in him." -Isaiah 8:16-17
  • "The nation of Israel is the vineyard of the Lord of Heaven's Armies. The people of Judah are his pleasant garden. He expected a crop of justice, but instead he found oppression. He expected to find righteousness, but instead he heard cries of violence." - Isaiah 5:7
  • "Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of the orphans. Fight for the rights of widows." -Isaiah 1:17
  • "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring it's own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. "- Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment