Wednesday, September 21, 2011

And that's life...

I'm still alive. Promise.
I just have a little thing called writer's block.
I'm a little burnt out on writing things because of the three million-gazillion papers I've written in the past week.
But, no worries. I'm sure this thing will end by October.

For now, I thought I'd just share some things that are on my mind.

1. On a completely non-serious note, I have a Google Plus now that they're open to the public and not just to super special people. Am I the only one that is completely baffled over this social networking site? (Actually social networking in general. I really wish I could live without the desire to be constantly connected to people.) Since I know that I'm adorbs and I'm only really using Google Plus like a Twitter (meaning no super secret information), feel free to add me. I'm right here. I'll be sure to update my status when I brush my teeth, take a shower, and eat food. (Since I know you're dying to know that kind of stuff, right?) Totally kidding. That kind of stuff bothers me. I don't like knowing that much about other people's business.

2. Biblical Womanhood. This topic has been floating around in my head for a bit. Two things were the catalyst for this topic. First, I discovered this blog of a woman who is trying to live a "Year of Biblical Womanhood." Honestly, I think she's gone about it all the wrong way (it isn't about not cutting your hair or covering your head and other legalistic things). But, this was one thing that started my thought process. I also started looking into Grad Schools and seeing as the ones I'm looking at are tending to be on the more conservative side, it got me thinking about this subject. In addition, I listened to this talk and read this post on submission. Interesting thoughts, I'm still not sure where I fall on the spectrum and all that jazz, but it's interesting to think about. What are your thoughts on the topic? (I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here.)

3. Pinterest Finds. I'm all about decorating for the holidays right now. Halloween is right around the corner- We need some cheap fall decorations in this room. Then, Christmas. I love Christmas. Though we're going to have to have Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations up at the same time because of the way that Finals fall.







I like this promise.

3 comments:

  1. I am an idiot when it comes to google plus. Too much. Too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I don't have a Google+, but if I did, I would add you. Mostly because I want to know every time you brush your teeth, take a shower, and eat food.

    2. Honestly, there is a part of me that is tired of hearing about biblical womanhood. Everyone in the universe feels compelled to offer an opinion on this topic. I hear little to nothing on the topic of biblical manhood. I hear equally as little to nothing on the topic of biblical, um, hood. {that's annie-speak for biblical living.}

    I think each of the topics I mentioned in that paragraph are important topics, but I think, instead of just talking about it, we need to shut up and study it. I think the most difficult part in this is that God calls each of us to serve and love in different capacities, and it's difficult to lay down a blanket method of biblical womanhood when womanhood itself spreads across many different fields and occupations.

    3. I just love that first print! I'm so excited for fall. I can taste the apple and pumpkin pies now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David Platt has an awesome two part sermon on biblical womanhood and manhood. :)

    I have not seen you all week. :(

    ReplyDelete