Thursday, January 5, 2012

rest.

via

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. 
-Matthew 11:28-30

Sometimes we get so caught up in the busyness of life that we forget to rest. We work so hard at planning every intricate detail of our lives out that we forget who has planned out our lives from the very beginning. We get so caught up on "the perfect resume" and planning out steps to get to our "perfect future" that we forget to live in the here and now. I truly believe that sometimes God calls us to rest. He calls to us saying, "Precious Child, don't you know that I have all your days planned out. Relax. I've got this. Come and rest in my arms." 

Take comfort in knowing that your Creator already knows what's going to happen. It doesn't matter what is on your resume. It doesn't matter what extracurriculars you do or don't do. It doesn't matter what sorority your in or who your friends are. What matters is that you are living in the here and now. What matters is that God already has every detail of your life planned out. He knows what's going to happen when you go back to school this semester. He already knows what's going to happen after you graduate. If you are following his Word and are doing what he has commanded- you're headed in the right direction. Are you loving God? Are you loving his people? Then nothing else matters! Take rest in THAT! Bring your burdens to HIM and lay them at his feet. Surely you don't think the unemployment rate is a bigger problem than God can handle. If I remember correctly, he's moved mountains. He's made a donkey talk. Um, hello- he's raised people from the DEAD! Take rest in Him. He is all that matters.

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow after 12? Skype? I have class, but I'm free after 12

    ReplyDelete