Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August Goals

Since today IS the first day of August and all, I thought I'd make a list of my goals for this month. Nothing too lofty or exciting, but all things that I really need to get done this month! I can't believe that in a few weeks, I'll have my last day of college- my last day of school, EVER! (Unless I decide to do the Grad School/Seminary thing or whatever). It's crazy how fast things are flying by, but I'm so excited about what the future holds!
In other news, I'm updating my resume! I've done a little research on ministry resumes (they're a little different than regular ones) and the things mine should include. I know that some places are more traditional (so I'd send out a copy of my "regular" resume), but I feel like I would stand out more in some churches with a more colorful, graphic resume. It's definitely only a "church" resume (because it has my picture and links to examples of my writing and teaching), but I think it's ME and it might help boost my job chances. We'll try it for a few applications and see how it goes from there.


Have any of you ever done a more "non traditional" resume? What was the response to it?

2 comments:

  1. I've never done a non-traditional resume even though I'm going into full time ministry. I'll be doing a tent making ministry overseas so all I needed was my traditional one. You're looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I designed mine like a brochure for a few applications to show off my snazzy design skills. (haha. I don't actually think mine are that snazzy. I do have SOME humility over here. Ahem.) I'm not sure what the reaction was to it though. We'll see if I hear anything about it!

    ReplyDelete