Tuesday, August 28, 2012

sorry, i'm not sorry.

I've always been a little different.

Growing up, I think the word "unique" was used, mostly because it doesn't have the same negative connotations. The clothing that I've picked out to wear has always been a little...different. I like to say that I'm ahead of my times by a few years, but it might just be that I have horrible fashion sense when it comes to some things. Sorry, I can't help it. I was a product of the 90s.

The other day, Mom and I were looking through an old scrapbook and we came across my Junior Prom pictures. I was falling back in love with my dress (it's my favorite), when I heard my Mom say something to the effect of "Are you seriously wearing a cardigan in your prom pictures?". Yes, dear Mother. I was. I decided it was time to go back and find other old pictures to show my Mom that I've always been a cardigan girl. I can't help it if I'm a granny mind trapped in a twenty-something body.





Then, I started to think of the other things I used to wear. Overalls. I LOVE overalls. When I went back to look for pictures of me in overalls, I realized that I'm wearing them in practically every family picture we had taken.






Maybe this post will enlighten you as to why I don't participate very often in the "What I'm Wearing Wednesday" blog phenomenon. Trust me: you don't want to make me your fashion icon. I like cardigans and overalls...a little too much. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment