Saturday, August 18, 2012

One Smart Cookie

This Sunday morning is the start of my fourth year teaching Sunday School. I've been with the same group of kids since they were little 2nd graders, and they are about to start 5th grade. It's crazy how fast they grow up.

I truly love these kids. This year, my rising 6th graders (that I've had since they were 4th graders) are moving up to the youth group, so the group of rising 4th graders are joining our class. It's also a little different, because I'm only teaching every other Sunday and I have a pair teacher with me. While it's nice to have a break every now and then, I don't know what I'm going to do on the Sundays that I'm not teaching! My church doesn't have a young adults class, so I'll probably be going to my Daddy's class. Add in the fact that my life has a huge transition coming up in December and I might not be at my church anymore (because I might find a job at another one...hopefully!), and you have one very conflicted, growing up Lauren. But, that's life. :)

Last Fall on our "Back to School" Sunday
Easter Sunday
One of my favorite parts of being a teacher is making cute gifts for my kids. Way back in 2nd grade, we did goody bags for learning Bible Verses. Back to school Sundays normally have a cute, yummy treat (like these). I saw some teacher gifts involving homemade cookies on Pinterest, and that gave me the idea for this years present.


I went with Rainbow chip Gripz as my "cookie of choice" since that was the only way that I could get all of the cookies in the box to be the same exact cookie (it just makes things easier when the kids aren't fighting over who gets what). I have enough for 28, so I'm hoping that's enough. I don't know how many rising 4th graders we have, but I know that our classroom won't fit too many kids! On my cards, I signed them "Love, Miss Lauren", but I also wanted to adjust them a little to post on here in case anyone else (any Elementary Ed majors in the house?) wanted to use them for groups of kids that they know. You can download the printable here and print and cut out to fit your needs. I just cut them out and taped them on my cookies, but you could also use ribbon (if you put homemade cookies in a cellophane bag) or something else! Yay! :)


1 comment: