Tuesday, October 9, 2012

31 Days of Fear{less}: It's Okay

So, I've just got a short little message for today. I think it sums up the entire series, but I'm going ahead and posting it right here, right now. I don't want you to keep reading these posts and have thoughts like..."But, I still fear a lot of things, Lauren!" or "Seriously girl. There's no way that I can live a life completely free from this fear thing." I think sometimes I get caught up in sharing a message that I'm passionate about and I forget to say one thing, one very important thing. It's okay.

It's okay to still have fears sometimes. It's okay. I truly believe that it's okay. As I've said before, fear in and of itself isn't a bad thing! There are sometimes when it's good and natural to have fear. Fear can encourage us to go in the direction that we need to go. Fear can help us know when to get out of a bad situation. Fear can tell us "Hey girl. This is a really bad idea." Then, there's the ugly side of fear. There's the all-consuming fear. There's the anxiety kind of fear. There's the "my world is over and I don't know what to do anymore" kind of fear. And, while I'd like to say that we should never-ever-ever have these kinds of fears and that we should always be Positive Pollys and that life should always be happy...that is kind of unrealistic, don't you think?

So, I want to share a message of hope. It's okay to have fears sometimes. It's okay to be nervous about the future. It's okay, God isn't going to hate your guts for doing that sometimes. Sometimes fear is uncontrollable or unavoidable. In the midst of tragic situations, it's where our minds wander to. So, don't give up. Don't give up, ever. Even when you feel like a total failure over this whole living fear{less} thing, know that it's okay. God still loves you. God still cares for you. God is always there for you. Even when this whole living fear{less} thing kind of stinks and it's not going all that great, don't give up. It's going to be okay. Remember a word of advice from one of the greatest books ever written (thank you J.K. Rowling for making my childhood).

Remember to turn on the light. Fight another day. Don't give up. It's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment