Saturday, March 3, 2012

Heart of Justice


At the request of my mother, I've continued the "hands on the hips" pose. I don't know. I feel weird taking daily pictures of myself anyways, but just standing there- I don't know what to do with my hands. I feel silly. So, I strike a sassy pose like this one.


I giggle way too much. That's why I have a bazillion pictures from each day. (Don't think I just take one. I have to give myself choices on which picture I'm going to use on my blog!)

Today, I went for the "comfortable" factor. I really wanted to wear sweatpants. I've been fighting my allergies for the past week (or two) and fighting a losing battle. I finally went to the doctor yesterday and they put me on some steroids (since I don't like shots) to try and kick start my immune system. They are supposed to make me hyper and I should be able to get tons done and not want to sleep, but (since I'm always the opposite of what they say) they made me sleepy. So, I'm not really wanting to spend time getting a cute outfit together. So, I just threw on a large sweater (from the thrift store awhile back) over the dress and some leggings under it (and made it look kind of like a skirt). It turned out surprisingly comfortable and I even napped in it this afternoon (winning!). Thanks to Mom, I didn't have to use my timer and got a semi-decent picture. 


According to antislavery.org, trafficking is "transporting people away from the communities in which they live and forcing them to work against their will using violence, deception or coercion." Every minute, two children are sold into slavery.

Children. Not men that can "fight for themselves". Not women that "brought this upon themselves". We can't hide behind lies and excuses. These are innocent children being forced to do things against their will. These are children being forced to labor and not being allowed to go to school. These are children that are forced to do things that they shouldn't have to do. These are real children with real lives. Trafficking is something that God despises, because it hurts his children. According to Deuteronomy 10:17-18, "For the LORD your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe. He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing." Again, Psalm 10:11,17 says, "The wicked say to themselves, 'God will never notice; he covers his face and never sees.' You, Lord, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, defending the fatherless and the oppressed..."

Have a heart of justice. Hear the cry of the afflicted. Encourage them. Listen to them. Give them human dignity and worth. Defend them. This next week, we're going to be digging into what the bible says about human trafficking and justice as we continue this "One Dress Project". Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment