Wednesday, May 2, 2012

500

This post marks my 500th post since I began this little blog.
That's just so exciting! It's so neat to look back and see how things have changed since the beginnings of this blog.

My first blog post was on March 16, 2009. Technically I blogged before that, but it was on a different blog. So, yeah. I thought that it might be neat to go back to my first post on Not Your Everyday Cinderella and see how things have changed since that day. It was called "25 Random Facts about Me". Notes and things that have changed are in italics.

*****

1. I'm working on becoming a social work major at Auburn, but its a fairly complicated process. I will be very glad next Spring when I don't have to explain how "officially" I'm a polysci major, but "technically" I'm a social work major.
So, I'm not at Auburn anymore. And I'm not a Social Work major OR a polysci major. Funny how things work out!

2. I'm beginning to realize that my views on social welfare are VERY different than those of the College of Liberal Arts. Maybe because I'm not very liberal. Imagine that.
I'm still pretty conservative and have issues with my liberal professors. Whatever.

3. I like dancing to old school 90s music, even though I didn't listen to much of it in the 90s. :)
I don't listen to my 90s music much anymore- probably because I'm not in Auburn anymore. I'm more of a fan of my Passion, Jesus Culture, Kari Jobe, etc.

4. Apparently, I'm a very girly-girl. The whole pink with sparkles, disney princess, ohmygosh Hannah Montanna girly-girl kind.
This one hasn't changed one bit. Aside from the fact that I'm not a huge HM fan anymore.

5. Apples to Apples is the best board game ever. I own the Bible Edition. Yes, they make a Bible Edition.
Okay, I HATE Apples to Apples now. Burnt out on in and it's possibly the most boring game I've played.

6. I HATE World History with a PASSION!!!! It possibly the worst class I have EVER taken, and if I don't get into grad school, you will know why.
Still stands. Only 2 "C"s in my college career.

7. My favorite number is the number 7.
Yep. Has been and forever will be. :)
8. I love scrapbooking with my mom.
:)
9. I do feel like a failure at times though because I have taken a lot less pictures since I've come off to college and normally I just "steal" them from other people's facebooks.
I take even LESS pictures now I think. And since I'm not real great with the FB thing, I have even less pictures.

10. I'm an Auburn fan.
War Eagle.

11. My favorite color is pink with sparkles. No, you cannot forget the sparkles.
I'm still a princess. :)

12. One of the highlights of my week is lunch with my mom at Panera every Thursday. :)
This ended when I stopped going to AU, but it's still one of my favorite things to do. I love going to lunch with my Mommy, but we normally go to Subway because it's closer.

13. I miss my family quite freqently. I think I'm the only one in the dorm that thinks its too quiet b/c I'm used to hearing a 7 and 11 year old brothers run around screaming.
Well, the boys are 10 and 14 now, so they are a bit older. But, I still think dorm life is pretty quiet considered to my house.

14. I love Jon and Kate Plus 8. :)
I have their old seasons on DVD and still watch them. Whatever. I love a good trainwreck.

15. I like making cupcakes...well, watching Ivy make them putting sprinkles on them. And then eating them.
I'm a cupcake maker now (and not just an eater)!

16. I'm secretly addicted to watching reruns of my favorite tv shows online. Shh...don't tell.
Yes. :)

17. My favorite letter is Z. As in Zebra. And as in Zizzerzazzerzus. Ask Dr. Seuss if you dont belive me.
Yay for Z! :)

18. I'm addicted to facebook and checking my email. Eek.
Not so much on FB anymore. 

19. My favorite disney princesses are Cinderella and Belle. I do NOT like Jasmine for some reason. And Pocohontas is NOT a disney princess in my eyes. Just saying. And its not because I wish I was as tan as them.
Still the same.

20. One of my new year's resolutions is to read my bible more and I'm working on it. :)
I'm always working on this one, but I'm getting better!

21. Bees have a natural attraction to me. Their was a massive hive thingy outside my room at home, and then I have a yellow jacket nest outside my dorm room window. And to make it better, I have a fear of bees.
The hive is gone, but the fear and attraction is still here.

22. I dont like the rain either. Or rather, teh lightning and thunder that comes with it.
But, I like rainboots! :)

23. I swear I am ADD sometimes.
Paying attention can get hard sometimes.

24. I hate dirty bathrooms.
YES!!! This drives me crazy living with 2 little boys!!!

25. Teddy grahams are amazing. Especially with frosting. I know, so nutritional. :)
Teddy grahams are my favorite food group. :)

*****
So. 500 down. I wonder what adventures the next 500 will bring!! :)

1 comment:

  1. It is so fun to see how your answers have changed!!! happy 500th post to you!!

    ReplyDelete