Friday, May 17, 2013

DIY Life Planner

Some people do crazy things when they get stressed. Me? I make planners. There's just something in creating stuff that calms me....maybe because it settles my OCD? I don't really know.

A few days ago, I found a link to this planner on Pinterest. I thought to myself, "Self, you could totally do that!" (I'm working on the positive affirmations, so there's a lot of self talk going on in my brain). So, I carefully printed out the pages that I wanted to be in my planner and then I created the front and back cover (the back is just like the front, except it has a flower instead of my name). Once I got everything printed out (double-sided, just like a "real" planner), I took it to Office Depot to have the covers laminated and the book spiral bound.


If you follow me on Twitter, you may remember the small debacle I had with Office Depot, or rather- the lady working the Copy/Print shop. First, she put the book in upside down. This made the holes go on the wrong side (which she says was totally my fault, but I deny it). I didn't realize it at first, so I had redo it. Then, she proceeded to call me a not-very-nice-word under her breath and a complicated customer to my face. I was completely frustrated (as I had spend all morning printing out the thing and she was messing it up). So, I called it a morning and went home.


That afternoon, I decided to run into town again ("town" is about 20 minutes from my house) to go to the other Office Depot. I had gone home and cut off the holes that were on the wrong side, so my pages are slightly thinner than 8.5 x 11. Once I briefly explained the situation, the nice man working at the Copy/Print shop at this store fixed my planner for free. This made me really happy and restored my faith in my favorite office supply store. I just won't go to the one on the other side of town anymore. 

So, that's my new planner! I love that its thin and that it fits perfectly inside a binder (not hole punched, but-you know). And it's cute! And functional! And I'm so excited that I can start using it next week! Yes, only I would start a new planner mid-month, but I'm just too excited to wait until June. If you're interested in making your own planner, here's links to the printables that I used!
On Monday, I'm going to share ANOTHER organizational tool that I've been working on- my Life Binder! It's kind of like a "Home Management Binder", except that I don't have a home (more like an apartment in the Fall) or a husband/kids. So, it's a special "Lauren" version that I put together that I can't wait to share with you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment