Tuesday, May 14, 2013

he will answer.


Sometimes life gets hard. It hurts. In these times, it's really hard to find the motivation to blog. I mean, I don't really want to admit that I'm struggling. I don't want to admit that I'm having a hard time. It's human nature to want to preserve the ideal of perfection. We put on masks all the time, pretending like we're okay. But, it gets exhausting. It's hard work to keep the facade up.
"I'm fine.""It's okay.""I'm good."
What do "fine", "okay", and "good" really mean? I think most of the time we use these words as masks. We use them to pretend that we're okay. That we've got it all together. But, we're not really using "fine", "okay", and "good" in the way that their dictionary definitions intended. 
Fine: adj. free from impurity, very well, all right
Okay: adv. or adj. all right
Good: adj. suitable, fit. agreeable, pleasant. adequate, satisfactory.
So no. I'm not "fine", "okay", or "good. Some days are better than others. I'm tired of putting on the mask of perfection every day. If you think I live a picture perfect life, you probably don't really read my blog. But, even though I'm not "fine", "okay" or "good, I still have faith. I still believe that God hears me when I cry out to him. I still believe that he will answer from his holy mountain. Keeping the faith isn't always easy. But, I know- I believe- that it will be worth it. I believe- even in the dark times- that God will come through. I believe that God will do far more than I could ever dream or dare to imagine

No comments:

Post a Comment