Saturday, April 3, 2010

atlanta adventures

I think that this weekend, this family trip, was probably one of my favorites ever taken. You see… we went on an adventure to the ATL. Hence the title of this blog post. You see…it all started because I wanted to see Louie. As in Giglio. And my Mom…bless her heart…didn’t understand when I said “We should go” I meant, she should go online and buy tickets and book us a hotel room. Completely innocent mistake. I mean, she doesn’t speak nineteen year old, I should have checked up on that. So, about a week and a half ago,we realized the error of our ways when we went to go buy tickets…and….they were SOLD OUT. I know. Awful, right? So, Daddy got the bright idea we should road trip to the ATL and see if we could find tickets. SO…we did.

And so, we drive THREE HOURS to Alpharetta. As in Georgia, right outside of the Atlanta. And we go to park…except you need a parking pass. And that comes with a ticket. So, we went to another parking lot, and it just so happened that the lady at that one had ONE TICKET. Keep in mind, we needed five. But, that got us the parking pass and gained us entrance into the parking lot. So, we pull up and begin waling towards the line with intentions of asking people if they had any extra tickets. But, then, we see that we had pulled up right up next to a youth group. So, Daddy went over to see if they had any extras…and guess what? They had SIX. We needed four. So, it was totally a God thing. So, we now had tickets and were on our way to see Mr. Giglio. And Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Christy Nockels, Kristian Stanfill….you get the idea. I was BEYOND excited. :)

030 025

So, last night happened. And it was phenomenal, right up until I became allergic to the grass I was sitting in. That really wasn’t so great. I became all sneezy and drugged up on sinus meds. That’s not really fun. But, it was great up until that point. And then, we went to P.F. Chang’s…and that was fun. Because I really like Chicken Fried Rice. And then we went back to the hotel and I took Advil PM and went to bed.

The next morning, we got up. The bo026ys went swimming in the hotel pool, but Momseykins and I went on a search for a Easter dress. And, I got to experience for the first (and possibly last) time…the American Girl Store. All I can say is that I would have DIED if I had gotten to go there when I was little and all into the American Girl doll stuff. I totally have Kirsten. And she rocked. This mall has a shop where you can buy the dolls and clothes and stuff, AND it has a little bistro where you can eat lunch at. It was really cool. I know, I’m lame, but…yeah. We ended up going to another mall before finding my easter dress (Anthropolgie…28 dollars on sale) and finding another cute dress at Loft for 4.88…..I’m serious about that. It was like, 5 dollars with tax, and it’s super cute with polka dots and everything. Be jealous. :)

027After we found our great finds, we headed towards lunch. Because we like food. So, I had looked up a place to have desert (will talk about that at a later point), but we had to have lunch firstly. So, we ate at this little diner. I was not so in love with their food, but I did have frozen chicken fingers, so what could you expect. And plus, they had to follow up to P.F. Changs. That’s a big shoe to fill. But, they did have really good waffles, because I had some of Desi’s. And they had really good Greek deserts. So, a pretty decent lunch.

Then, we went to my FAVORITEIST PLACE EVER. It was a CUP024CAKE SHOP. Yep. You read that correctly. A cupcake shop. As in a shop with cupcakes. And I love cupcakes. And shopping. So, it was a match made in heaven. I went with a “safe” cupcake- a chocolate cupcake with vanilla buttercream frosting. And let’s just say…it was phenomenal. The cake was all moist, and the frosting was sugary, but not to fatty tasting, you know? Like with Walmart cupcake fros ting you can just taste the fat and not the sugar. But this stuff? It was amazing. There was a little fondant flower on top, and it didn’t taste too awful either.  The name of the place was “Little Cake Bakery” and their motto is “Let them eat cupcakes!” which I thought was really cute because it was written in pink on the window. Cute. Real cute. Then, we left and drove home. Yay!018

No comments:

Post a Comment