Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Spirit

I've been doing a little Christmas baking here recently and thought I would share some pictures of what I've been making!

First, I made a batch of sugar people cookies! I used a garlic press to give them some hair (I don't want them to bald!). Then, I made a powdered sugar/milk icing. I think they look like murder victims (see the "blood" splatters?), but they are pretty cute. :)


Then, today I made some cupcakes for a Christmas Eve get together that my family is attending after the Christmas Eve Service at church. As you should know, I really like cupcakes and I really like cookie dough, so when I saw this recipe, I decided that I should make them. So, I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Buttercream Icing. They are really good (I already did a "taste test"). But- fair warning, these babies use 5 sticks of butter. I'm not even kidding. But, they taste really good, and everyone knows that calories don't count on Christmas! :)
I used a box mix for the cupcakes since you don't really taste the cake and the cookie dough and frosting are the important parts! The secret to keeping the dough, well dough-y, is freezing it. So, make sure it's really frozen (I stuck mine in the freezer overnight).

The inside. Yum!
Have any of you gotten music from Amazon before? They have a ton of free mp3 songs (which can be imported into iTunes) and I got some Christmas songs yesterday. If you're looking for some last minute Christmas music, you should hop on over. I just thought I would share some of the songs I got.

Angels We Have Heard on High- Point of Grace
Joseph's Lullaby- MercyMe
You're Here- Francesca Battistelli
Silent Night- Sixpence None the Richer
Very Merry Christmas- Dave Barnes
I Believe in Christmas- 33 Miles

Also, if you (or someone you know) has small children, there is a free Veggie Tales Christmas Music CD that you can download. It's kind of cute, and everyone loves singing vegetables (or at least to entertain small children!).

Since these are on Amazon (and they like to change prices frequently), make sure you check the price before you download! And, I have no connections to Amazon...I just like free music! :)

1 comment:

  1. chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes and cookie dough buttercream icing?!

    sounds SO delish. and i think my caloric intake is going up just thinking about it, haha. ah, well. 'tis the season to eat!

    Merry Christmas, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete