Tuesday, December 28, 2010

G.O.A.L.S.

New Year's Resolutions. I'm not really a huge fan. Mostly because of the fact that I'm not all that great at remembering them and so they never happen. But, I also tend to make very specific resolutions that never happen because, well...they're too hard. So, this year, I'm trying something a little different. In addition to my 101 in 1001 list (which is fairly specific and cover a bunch- well, 101- things that I will be also working on this year) I am going to be working on five goals. Why goals? Because it's a prettier and nicer and friendlier word that doesn't scare me as much as resolutions. These goals are going to be fairly broad and open to interpretation throughout the year. Oh- and I'm going to be blogging about them. Why five? Well, you'll see in a minute.


If you were wondering, I came up with the acronym all by myself. That's why it doesn't flow all pretty like and has random elements, like sewing. :)

1. God- Experience Him in a new way. I'm going to be participating in this and expanding my bible reading repertoire (I'm not going to commit to reading the entire Bible over the course of the year, but I want to read it more than I currently do). Oh- and I'm going to Passion 2011 this weekend, so I think that will be a great start to this one!

2. Organize- Clean up my room. File all the random papers. Clean out all the junk that has accumulated over the years.

3. Attitude- Positive. Enough said.

4. Loving- Everyone I meet. Finding ways to find the good in everyone. And finding ways to love the unloved in the community around me.

5. Sewing- Learn how to sew new things (other than elastic waist skirts and pillowcase dresses!). Not give this hobby up. :)

So, over the course of the upcoming year (2011), I'm going to try and work on these five areas of my life. And possibly blog about them when appropriate and all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally going to Passion 2011 in Atlanta this weekend, and I couldn't be more excited!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete