Thursday, December 2, 2010

finished.

It is finished.
About halfway through the quilting, I thought, "Hey, I could totally do this!".
About halfway through the binding, I thought, "I am NEVER doing this ever again."
Funny.

Now that it's finished, I'm happy.
I learned a new skill and I'll probably make another quilt during some other point in my life.
And my heart gets the warm little fuzzies when I think about how someday (if this thing doesn't fall apart!) I'm going to have children. And be able to rock them in a rocking chair. In this sweet quilt. And someday they'll grow up and I can teach them how to quilt (Yes. I am SO going to be THAT mom. Haha). And then they can rock sweet grandbabies in their quilts. Haha. (No worries Dad. This will be far, far, FAR in the future.)

I (with some help from Mom) took some pictures of the process of creating this quilt. I'm going to hold off on posting that until next week because:
A. My new Photoshop CS5 came in the mail today. And it's not installed yet on my computer. And so, since I have this opportunity to edit pictures again...I'm going to wait.
B. I'm going to see Beth Moore tomorrow! She's going to be in Birmingham for a conference and I'm going with Mom and some of her friends. Since we're leaving in the wee hours of the morning (haha...like 9 am), I'm not going to have time to get it done tomorrow. But, I'm really excited. :)

And, now that this quilt is done...I can mark off a few things from my 101 in 1001!
6. Learn to sew. (I'm not an expert...but I can bind a quilt! I think that means something!)
61. Make a quilt. Yep. It. Is. Finished. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment