Monday, July 11, 2011

long live all the magic we made.

I don't think I've ever written about my deep love of Harry Potter here before.
But, if you must know, he's been a pretty big part of my life.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

For a good section of my teenage years, I was thoroughly convinced I was going to marry Harry Potter. (I know, I know. Call me a nerd.) As the years passed on and I grew a little older and gained more wisdom, I realized that these books that I had idolized, written papers on, and read millions of times, were simply works of fiction. So, when the last book came out in 2007, I tucked that little section behind me, stopped going to bookstores at midnight, stopped wearing robes, and stopped dying my hair orange (true life: I wanted to be Ginny Weasley). I kind of didn't know what to do with myself. I started reading Harry Potter when I was in 4th grade. I was literally reading it before all of my friends. I remember when Book 3 came out. I remember when the first movie came out. It was kind of a huge deal.

Well, it all really comes down to this Friday. After the last movie is released, this door of my life will be officially closed. I mean, it's not like I'll never read the books or watch the movies again. (I plan on reading them to my future children someday.) But, there's a time for everything and a time to "grow up" and "move on". So, this week, I'm remembering all the magic we made...

Post Title: Long Live by Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment