Friday, July 16, 2010

birthday.

So, today I had a birthday. I'm no longer a teenager....I'm TWENTY! (Which sounds really old.) This morning was the last day of Vacation Bible School, so I awoke bright and early to begin the day. When I went into the bathroom this morning, I was greeted by a birthday poem/song/rap on the mirror from my Daddy.







Since it was my birthday, we decided I needed to wear a birthday tiara, since I am a princess and all. And so, yesterday, we picked up a Cinderella tiara from WalMart. I love that place. :)



At VBS every year, we always raise money for a mission project. This year, the kids raised money for Children's Harbor. We had buckets at the front where kids picked who they wanted to get "sea slushed". The slushing was supposed to happen today, but they moved it to Sunday--I guess to encourage the kids to come back for Children's Ministry Day! But, so that the kids wouldn't be too upset, we decided to do THIS!



We planned for it to look like a surprise. I left the room for a few minutes and Mrs.Lorie told the kids the "plan". That since she wasn't getting sea slushed, that I would get pied because it was my birthday! The kids loved the idea of course (it was messy), and it really wasn't that awful! (It was better than consoling crying Kindergarten kids because they didn't get to see a slushing!) And it had sprinkles. And, you know, sprinkles make everything better! :)

At 5:29 pm, we gathered around the stove in the kitchen to commemorate the time of my birth.



Then, tonight, since it was my birthday and all, I got to pick where to go to dinner. So, we went to Moe's. Because I like Moe's. And we NEVER go there because it's not exactly everyone's favorite. (Except me.) And, we were going to take a picture, but the camera battery was dead. Then, we did a little shopping. While we were out, we found a Ralph Lauren towel that was clearly monogrammed just for me. Hey--it had my name on it! (And no Ralph!) See? Perfect. :)



And then, we came home to eat cake and open presents! And I made an extra special wish--but I'm not telling! :)



Overall, I've had a great birthday. I'm so blessed to have great family and friends to celebrate with. And, I even got to celebrate a little with my church family this morning! I have a feeling that TWENTY is going to be a great year, and I can't wait to see what plans God has in store! :)

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading all about your 20th birthday. Wish we could have been there!! God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete