Tuesday, July 27, 2010

success.

Des and I had a success today. In order for you to fully understand the importance of all of this, I feel like I should give some back ostory.

When I was sixteen, I got a car for my birthday. One day, on the way home from school, I stopped to get gas. I don't know why it didn't work, but it didn't. The gas didn't want to pump right. And I left the gas station convinced I would never be able to put my own gas in my car. So, since that day, I haven't put gas in my car. I blame it on weak hand muscles. It presented a slight challenge when I went off to college, but I always arranged it right. Let's just say, I have a very nice Daddy. :)

But, today, I conquered the gas pump. You see, Daddy isn't here to fill my car up. And, I know that I have at least three trips into town to make. And I really don't like to get down to the "E". It bothers me. So, Desi and I stopped by the gas station before heading to KFC to pick up lunch. And we successfully filled my car up with gas. I'm so proud of myself. :)



And Desmond and I did the happy dance (well, on the inside, not necessarily the outside). And we called this one a success. And then, I came home and made mashed potatoes (well, the microwave kind) and emptied out the dishwasher. And I felt like a Susie Homemaker. Haha. I might be able to survive independently some day! :)



And Desi is really happy about that one. He's ready for Sissy to move out--because he wants my room! It's Step 1 in his 3-Step-Plan. Haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment