Thursday, July 8, 2010

likes & loves

It's been awhile since I've done a life update (other than sharing about my big move). So, I think that we are long overdue for an update of what is going on in my life.

A. You see, last weekend was the Fourth of July. At least here in Alabama. Maybe people up North celebrate differently, but here we eat food and go to the lake. I made a cake. And I learned that I'm probably not the next Bakerella. I need to work on my crumb coat a bit. And make it not look like Epcot. I'm pretty sure this one looked like a bowling ball cut in half. Oh- and the frosting. It sure was tasty...but it kind of melted off. In the air conditioning. But. It sure tasted good!

[caption id="attachment_251" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="This is of the attempted "Crumb Coat". At least it kept the crumbs out! "][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_249" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="This one shows the major meltage"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_250" align="aligncenter" width="400" caption="And this is the pretty cake!"][/caption]

B. This is a link. And a general life update. If you haven't noticed, there is a new tab at the top of the blog. It's called Mission Year. And if you go here you can learn more information about this organization. Um...announcement here. I'm leaving in SEPTEMBER to work in the inner city, of one of five cities, with Mission Year. There are still a lot of unknowns in all of this, but I am super excited to see what God is going to do in all of this.


C. One of my favorite bloggers, Adrienne, had her baby super early this week. Baby Bennett was born at 26 weeks, 5 days. She's been updating her blog lots with information, so click the button below to go to her blog and check it out to learn more and pray for this family!


And... A, B, C....that's all for now. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment