Tuesday, May 18, 2010

She.

She's six years old.
She's in the first grade.
She likes school, and her favorite subject is Math.
She likes playing with dolls in her free time.
Her favorite color is red.
Her favorite food is chicken.
She has 6 siblings- 4 brothers and 2 sisters.

She likes to go to school because she loves coloring and the school is pretty.
Her favorite bible story is Noah's Ark.
She likes to go to the project because they sing songs.
She washes clothes and carries water with her siblings.
She lives close to the river.

Photobucket

And she's happy because I'm her sponsor. :)

Why do I sponsor Sandra? Because it's a way to show God's love to someone. It's a way to show a child that God loves and cares for them. That they have importance in this world. That they're worth something. Because of Compassion, Sandra has been given clothes, shoes, groceries, pots and pans, an education, a safe place to go play, and a church family. Because of Compassion, she has been shown love.

This post by Shaun Groves shows how Compassion doesn't just affect the sponsored children. Sponsorship means something to the sponsor, too. I don't know if I'll ever get the chance to meet Sandra. But, I know that she means something to me. Something more than a picture on my bulletin board. She's real. Though she's too young to write to me, her mom and brother write to tell me all about her. In the four months I've sponsored her, I've gotten two letters. And I've written 3 (1 still needs to be mailed). I can see that she's real. That it's not just sending $38 a month that makes the difference. It's the relationship formed.

If you're interested in learning about how to sponsor a child through Compassion, please go to their website here to learn more. You won't regret it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment