Tuesday, May 11, 2010

“She’s a good girl…”

217She’s a good girl, loves her mama
Loves Jesus and America too
Shes a good girl, crazy ’bout Elvis
Loves horses and her boyfriend too

And I’m free, free fallin’
Yeah I’m free, free fallin’

-“Free Falling” (John Mayer)

Confession: I have a new addiction. Named Pandora. Namely my Glee and *Nsync channels. Don’t laugh. They make great study music. I love how my Glee Channel goes from John Mayer, to some Little Mermaid, to Taylor Swift, to RENT. Um, thank you Pandora for respecting my wide range of musical interests.

Warning: Picture OVERLOAD ahead. Um. Sorry. I like taking pictures.

So, Sunday, since it was Mothers’ Day, we went on not one…but TWO picnics! The first one was after church before the nursing home. We always go to the nursing home on the second Sunday of every month. We went by Subway to grab lunch, then we went to the park to eat our first picnic. Then, we went on a short walk and took some pictures.

After the nursing home, we headed out to the lake to enjoy our second picnic. First, we went to Children’s Harbor to get some pictures by the pretty lighthouses. We were going to have our picnic there, but they had a bunch of no picnicking signs, so we couldn’t. It was sad.

007 013

046 061

So, since we couldn’t picnic there, we headed to another part of the lake where there’s a national park. Where we could picnic. And then, we had our picnic.

077 082

091And…we took some more pictures (I took over 200 total! Imagine that!)

129 114

141 142

We even got daring and used the self-timer on the camera to try and get a family picture. (The camera was put on the picnic table.) It’s slightly out of focus, but I don’t think it’s too shabby! 143 copy

So. That is Mothers’ Day. With the family.

I’ve probably bored you to tears by now. But, I have one more thing. Because I really don’t feel like trying to remember to blog this later.

This week’s LINK LOVE. :)

  • Um. Pandora. Of course. As mentioned earlier…if I could marry a website…this might be it. I LOVE YOU PANDORA!! (How could I have forgotten you from Freshman Year??!)
  • This post about Adoption really strikes a chord with me. As someone who wants to adopt sometime in the far away future, I want to remember this link so I can make sure I’m doing it for the right reasons. It’s all about the love, people. :)
  • What this Dad did to try and communicate with his daughter that has CP is amazing. An Apple App really can do anything!
  • This makes we want to learn to sew. Summer goal: Make this super cute dress. After all, I need to learn to sew so that I can clothe my 15 kids (Haha. Jk. Not really. Well. Maybe. We can discuss the number at a later moment in time.)
  • I like FREE. Don’t know how long this will last, but as of this moment, you can get Angie Smith’s I Will Carry You on Ebook for um…free. And I LOVE me some Angie Smith and wanted to read this book. And since I don’t anticipate getting to BAM in the near future…um perfect. Thanks B&N!
  • Spritual Growth. We all want it. How do you measure it?
  • My “A Week in the Life” scrapbook is complete. It just needs to be photographed. But, you can see other people’s here.

And….I think that’s it for now. After all, I do have 2 finals tomorrow. I should probably get to studying. That would be a good thing, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment