Thursday, October 13, 2011

Change: You Are Beautiful

What would happen if we stopped all of the negativity?
What would happen if we stopped seeing ourselves as ugly and instead saw ourselves as beautiful girls created in the image of God?
What would happen if we spread this knowledge with others and encouraged them?

We live in a culture that tells us to strive for beauty. That we need to spend hours each morning "getting pretty". I don't know about you, but I know I like an extra fifteen minutes every now and then. We live in a culture that tells us that in order to succeed, we need to be perfect. We need to look like we live perfect little lives in our perfect little houses with our perfect little families doing our perfect little things. And when this doesn't happen (which it normally doesn't because we aren't really perfect)...it seems as if we've failed and we jump into a pit of self-pity and self-doubt.

I want to issue a challenge to you today. We cannot keep this to ourselves. We all know how good it feels to hear someone tell us we're beautiful. It's like a super warm fuzzy feeling that makes us feel special. (or it's that way to me. I mean, my love language is Words of Affirmation). Or at least  I think we all secretly strive for this each morning when we get up in the morning. So, today, I want you to find someone and tell them how they are beautiful. Tell them face to face. Leave them a note. If you don't know anyone, leave a post-it on a mirror in a public restroom. Make someone's day. Remind them they are made in the image of God. Remind them that they are beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment