Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Change Your Blogging

Oh guys. Six more days left of this craziness. I haven't been the best at keeping up and I think I've missed a post here and there, but I'm going to finish strong! Haha!

We're going to finish up with some ways to change up our blogging. As you know, this is a blog. And since this is a blog, that means that blogging is important to me. So, for the next few days (well, five days..the last day of this series is a conclusion) we're going to talk about blogging and how we can change our blogging to make it better. I think we must start at the very beginning with this. I think that the most important thing we can ask ourselves is why we blog. Some people blog to preserve memories and share photos with family that is far away. Some people do it to keep a journal of what is going on at this point in their life for them to look back on some day. I'm not saying these are bad things- they are all really useful and good things. But, I don't think that this should be our main focus for blogging. Yes- it's cool to have a virtual scrapbook of your life. But, we need to make sure that the light of Christ shines through in our blogging.

If you notice on my sidebar, I wrote a little post about why I blog. In this post, I wrote, 
The greatest post ever written can't come from me. It can only come from God. I mean, he wrote the greatest story ever told. He speaks through writers, yes. But, I can't write that post. He can choose to do something through me, but I can't do it alone. I'm here to blog for a reason. That reason is God alone. I'm here for a reason. I'm blogging for a purpose that will be revealed by my creator.I only hope that I can bring glory to His name through my blog. That's my one desire. That somebody somewhere (or even me, right here) will get something through this blog. I'm striving to keep the negativity out and the positive thoughts in. I don't want to use my blog to bash anyone or to say anything that would not bring forth a good image of Christ.
Why do you blog? Are you blogging for you to get attention or for God to get attention? It is oh-so-easy to get caught up in how many visitors or followers you have. It's easy to get caught up in page views and what people comment. It's so easy to let the focus shift from God to you. But, we were created for a reason and we were drawn to blogging for a reason. It's fun to show the neat things that God is doing through our life with others. That's why we write posts like this one. It's encouraging to get support from blog friends in times like this and this. The blog community is like a mini-body of Christ. It brought me to sweet blog friends like this girl to do a bible study with. Blogging is a good thing. But, blogging can be a great thing if we use it for God's glory. That's why we need to refocus. We need to write down why we blog and come up with a mission and a purpose. We need to change our blogging and make it better. :)

2 comments:

  1. i love this, Lauren. our purpose is so, so critical as bloggers, as writers, as followers of Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've read one post and i'm following. your thoughts are so true! i appreciate you sticking to your guns and just coming out and saying this.
    i noticed on your profile you attend Huntington in Montgomery! i live in the Prattville area. it's so nice to meet a fellow blogger (and a good one at that!) from close by. i look forward to reading more of your thoughts in the future!

    ReplyDelete