Sunday, October 23, 2011

Change Your Faith- Bible Reading

So, this may sound a little cheesy, but I think that the most important thing you can do for your faith is consistently reading your Bible. I admit, I'm awful at this. It's especially hard for me to get motivated and commit to do this because of my major. Because of my classes, there are some days where I'm reading 15-20 chapters of the prophets for class or reading some other passage for class. It gets hard to read the Bible for personal enjoyment when I see it as "just another assignment". But, earlier this year, I read the Bible in 30 days. Yes, you read that correctly. It is completely possible to read the Bible in 30 days. It takes commitment and time, but it was totally worth it. I know so much more about the scriptures now than I did before.


I tried finding my reading plan online (because I really liked it) but I can't find it! It was really neat because it split each day up into several different sections from different parts of the Bible. But, I have a few other plans that I've found online that I like and might consider using when I reread through the Bible again. I really want my next time to be chronologically because I think it would help from the historical side of things and seeing how things fit together.

These three plans are totally do-able. It just takes you sitting down and committing to do it. I promise that you won't regret the time you spend in the Word. I know, I'm a college student, I'm short on time. There isn't time for me to spend 1-2 hours a day reading my Bible. But, I can make time. I can decide to not watch Dance Moms or Toddlers and Tiaras. I can spend less time on Twitter and reading blogs. I can read my Bible instead of writing the 10 page paper I have due on Friday...okay maybe not this last one. But, you get the idea. Make time in your day for God. It will radically change your faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment