Tuesday, October 26, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 16

Day 16: Dream Home

Some people dream of building their own home. I'm not one of those people. My dream is to do a "fixer upper". (You know, where you buy an older house and fix it up). There are several homes downtown in the city I live in that I like. 

Real house in my town. It's actually the house where Big Fish was filmed,
if you're familiar with that movie.
And after I got this dream house, I would have to decorate it, of course. I actually have a book that I where I cut things out of magazines and catalogs and all and paste them in there. So, I do have a plan for it and all. :)

Picture from raechelmyers.blogspot.com-- so not mine!
I really like the whole modern-but-not-too-modern thing. I like color- and I like it bright. And monograms. I love some monograms. But, I think the biggest thing that I would want to remember with my dream house is that I want it to be lived in. I want there to be toys strewn all over the floor. I want the beds to not always be made. I want to show that fun things are happening and memories are being made and that family is what really matters. I really don't want to live in one of those crazy immaculate houses that you're scared to touch anything in.

And- now I'm off to continue making messes. I'm currently in the middle of making a pie crust for this apple pie that I'm making. So, dancing to Taylor Swift's new CD is definitely a part of that one! I'll post pictures and such of the experience later.

2 comments:

  1. I love every bit of this post! And I'm doing the Beth Moore study of Esther with only 3 other girls! Two of us live in my college town, and the other two live about an hour away so we take turns driving back and forth every week. It's so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that nursery...too cute! Might have to save that for inspiration one day in my future when God makes children part of His plan for me! I am also a fan of the fixer upper, I think it would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete