Thursday, October 14, 2010

what i've been up to...


Sorry for the poor picture quality here people.
It's because of something along the lines of me not wanting to go search for my camera...or the camera cord. And the fact I have a handy dandy webcam. Boy, are those things useful!

I believe it was guessed last post that my trip to Jo-Anne Fabrics had something to do with my quilting adventure. As you can see pictured above, I found some mighty cute fabrics. I am making making a quilt similar to this one, but it's not exactly the same because I'm using a pattern my Grandma gave me. Instead of the pink blocks like in the picture on the site, I am going to be using an off-white color (the same color that is going to be the background of the bow ties (and isn't pictured above because I assume everyone knows what off-white looks like!). I am going to be hand sewing this quilt (because there is just something special about hand sewn quilts.) so it may take awhile. But, I know it will be totally worth it to learn this skill.

I'll be posting updates on my progress every now and then...so stay tuned for the next post of "Quilting with Lauren"! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment