Thursday, October 28, 2010

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 18

Firstly, I'd like to tell the world that my "baby" is growing up. My brother Max turned 13 today, and well, that makes me officially O-L-D. I remember the day he was born and now he is a teenager. Wow.

Happy Birthday Buddy!


Day 18: Something You Regret.

I haven't done a lot that I regret. I mean, yeah, sometimes I regret something that I do like gossiping about someone or getting irritated with my Mom, but, I really don't have any big, major regrets. I haven't done anything too horrible, and I'm really a pretty good girl

I think if I had to say I regretted something it would be the amount of pressure I placed on myself to succeed in high school. I never really got out there and lived life. I pretty much stayed to myself and focused on getting through, getting out, and graduating with a phenomenal GPA. And when I didn't succeed in something, I felt like I was failing.

I first really started the whole blogging thing my freshman year in High School. I had a Xanga (does anyone remember those?) and did the whole blogging thing on that. It's really funny to look back and see what I wrote about. It was quite ridiculous. Then, I moved up into the wonderful world of MySpace and blogged on that. I plan on eventually transferring some of the posts over (at least the MySpace ones) to this blog so that I can have something to look back on. But, for now, I'm just going to post an excerpt from a post I wrote on May 12, 2008. I wrote it at the end of my senior year...and I think that's when I really realized what I had done. Going through High School just with the mission of getting out. 


Honors Day is tommorrow.
Last day of school is Friday.
Graduation is one week and one day away.
Its all moving so fast, and though on one hand- I can't wait
The other side of me just wants it to all slow down.
I mean, people have told me so much this year just to slow down-
These are the best days/weeks/months/year of your life.
I'm beginning to think I wasted it.

I mean, we're making all these plans.
Plans to get together-
Never lose touch.
But, somehow, I think we still will.
Try as hard as we can, our friendships will never be the same.
These days are over and gone.
What we have now, we'll never get back.
All the time we've (I've) wasted in the books, stressing out over AP
can NEVER be gotten back.
Every 60 seconds we spend upset is a minute of happiness we never get back.

So, here's my plan.

Make the most of the time I have left.

***Spend with fam[ily]- I love you guys to death. I mean it. Even when I get upset. I still love you,Mommy...Daddy....Maxy....and Desi.

***Spend with friends- I love you guys too...you're the ones I'll miss the most. Somehow I'll have to find a map to Tuscaloosa to see my Bama buddies...and Faulkner isn't that far away, I guess. But, really. Let's make this a summer to remember. I know we're all going places and working and such, but I'll make time for you if you make time for me. :]

*** Stop stressing- I think I have this one taken care of thanks to senioritis....but I'll put it one here for good measure.

Really. I'm gonna miss every last one of you. I think its finally setting in that its...almost...over. :[
So, will you help me? Let's make the time we have left together count. :]

-May 12, 2008



That's all for right now. :)

1 comment: