Friday, October 22, 2010

Beauty and the Bed Intruder

If you follow me on twitter you may have seen me tweet about watching "Beauty and the Beast". And you may have read that I found a correlation between "Beauty and the Beast" and "The Bed Intruder". And you may have been confused. Because really. What do Beauty and the Bed Intruder have in common?

I mean, I'm still all caught up about "The Bed Intruder" song. The whole "hide yo kids, hide yo wife..." You get the idea. I find myself humming the rhythm sometimes. It's catchy. What. Can. I. Say.


So what does Beauty have to do with this guy?

Nothing actually. I wasn't referring to a psychological longing for attention or something more. And I wasn't really looking all that deep. And in all actuality, Beauty has nothing in common with the Bed Intruder. It's Gaston!

When I sat down to watch one of my favorite Disney movies, I didn't intend on blogging about it. But, while I was watching the movie, I heard a song called "The Mob Song". If you listen carefully you can pick out that some of the lyrics go:

"The Beast will go after your children. He'll come after them in the night" (beginning)
and then later, the crowd sings:
"Bring your guns, bring your knives. Save your children and your wives. We'll save the village and our lives. We'll kill the beast!" (around 2:07 in the following video). View for yourself in the video below.



And...I've now proved that my love of Disney and YouTube borderlines upon obsession. I mean, really. Who would connect the dots between the two? Sure, it's not exactly the same. But, to me? Close enough. Before I looked up the lyrics, I thought the song went, "Bring your guns, bring your knives. Hide your children and your wives."

I just want to say, I'm pretty sure those townspeople were thinking...."We gonna find YOU!"

Oh wow. I'm going to stop now.
Really :)

1 comment: